Town of Blackfalds residents can complete the census ONLINE
(May 1 to June 30 2017)
Enter your secure PIN (Personal Identification Number) below
For assistance, please contact the Census Office: email@example.com or call 403.885.4677
Why do municipalities conduct a Census?
The purpose of Census is to determine the population of usual residents. Municipalities choose to conduct their own censuses for multiple reasons such as: to better inform municipal service planning and provision; to capitalize on per capita based grant funding from higher levels of government; or to update populations since the last Federal Census.
Planning important services
With statistics from the Census, Provincial and Local Governments can allocate funds, decide future policies and plan important services such as:
- Population - knowing how many people live in an area helps the Provincial Government allocate funding - Local Government also uses this data to plan what is needed in their local areas
- Health, disability and social programming - services and policies are planned around the census data so that the necessary services are provided where they are needed
- Housing - housing needs can be much better planned if we know what the demand is now and likely to be in the future
- Employment - by establishing how many people work in different occupations and industries, Census information can be used to help with economic development trends and initiatives
- Transport - identifying how and where people travel to work and study will help us understand the pressures on our transport systems and improve planning for roads and public transport
- Education - Census information can be used to help plan for education resources, such as schools and teachers
- Policing - Census information can be used to help identify policing resources and community needs